- Wash your hands thoroughly with lemon and soap before handling foods.
- Check your refrigerator temperature: Temperature below 40 degrees F slows the growth of most bacteria. So keep your refrigerator at or below 40 degrees F and your freezer at or below 0 degrees F.
- Never taste food to see if they are safe. Most food bacteria cannot be seen, Smelled or tasted.
- Cook food thoroughly to the right temperature.
- Use plastic vegetable cutting boards according to FDA recommendations.
- Use of Microwaves Ovens: As far as vegetables, cooking them in water robs some of their nutritional value, because the nutrients leach out into the cooking water.
For Example, Boiled broccoli loses glucosinolate, the sulfur-containing the compound which fights against the cancer cells. Microwave ovens cables and motor also gives of high magnetic fields often over 10 miligauss. Exposer of just 4 milligauss has been firmly linked to leukemia and carcinogenic too.Microwaving milk cereals and grains was found to convert some of their amino acids into carcinogenic substance.