Not all fats are bad for you. Dietary fat is an important key to have good health. All you need to do is eat the right amount.
How Fat Functions?
Fat is a macronutrient that provides calories and energy to the body. The primary function is that it’s an energy reserve stored in adipose tissues. If you work out, your body first uses carbohydrates and then fat.
Good Dietary fat can be obtained from butter, ghee, and oils. Other sources are unprocessed nuts and seeds, for example, almonds, pistachios, and walnuts. Other amazing natural sources of fat are olives, avocados, and coconuts.
The essence of Dietary Fat
1. Fats are an excellent source of energy.
2. Fats containing coconut oil help in weight loss. Good fats can increase the process of fat burning and reduce unhealthy cravings, preventing unhealthy fat storage.
3. If you are underweight, good fats are helpful to gain weight.
4. Fats maintain body temperature.
5. Fats save your excess protein that may be used as fuel.
6. Fat-soluble vitamins (Vitamins A, D, E, and K) are absorbed in the body with the help of healthy fats.